[luatex] more package names...

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Mon Mar 9 18:42:24 CET 2009

Elie Roux a écrit :
> I'm going to split the current luainputenc between two packages: the one
> only for backward compatibility, that will be called by inputenc and use
> a fake utf8, and another one that really translates different encodings
> into a true utf8. The second will certainly have some macros like XeTeX
> has, to change the encoding in different files.

Btw, I'm not sure splitting is the way to go here. I rather thought of a single
package with many different options. Actually, there may be additional ways to
treat encodings (when I'll have a little more free time, I'd like to try a sort
of semi-heuristic encoding "detection"), and it may become confusing for the
user if the number of encoding-related packages for LuaTeX becomes too large.
(Besides, from a technical point of view, I guess the packages won't be mutually
compatible, so it's probably best to handle this as mutually eclusive options of
a single package. Also, the packages/options will probably share a lot of code.)

Anyway, I agree with Arthur : while you're right to try choosing good names and
consult people in this regard, don't let it slow your work too much. Everything
here is at the development stage, so users will actually be beta-testers and
should expect things to change, and be ready to look for newer information if
names need to change later.

Manuel.