Re: Downloading and installing fonts from ftp.dante.de/tex-archive/fonts/psfonts/

Hi:

(1) You need the fonts. Most fonts are commercial.

See http://www.adobe.com/type/browser/P/P_088.html for Sabon
and http://www.adobe.com/type/browser/P/P_197.html for SC and OsF

(2) You can avoid the complexities by using TFMs from
http://www.YandY.com/ly1/s.htm

See also http://www.yandy.com/usely1.htm

(3) If you do want to do it the hard way get

``TeX Unbound'', by Alan Hoenig

or

`The LaTeX Graphics Companion'
Michel Goosens, Sebastian Rahtz, Frank Mittelbach
Addison-Wesley, 1997
ISBN 0-201-85469-4

which, despite its name, has one of the more readable
discussions of the TeX font mess

Regards, Berthold.