Donwloading and installing fonts fromftp.dante.de/tex-archive/fonts/psfonts/

Hello.

I am a LaTeX user and want to install,say, the Sabon font in my Linux
computer.
Now, what I find at the DANTE site is a sabon.zip with many .vf, .tfm...
files, and a very brief README that provides little information on where
to put or what to do with those files.
    I do not have time to go over the hundred diverse documents
explaining the messy intricacies of fonts in TeX and wonder if there is
a make or sort that places those files in the proper place or that makes
the instalation of the font into my system automatically so that I just
have to write a simple \usepackage{sabon} in my LaTeX files.

Regards.
P.