Re: Metric font transformations with dvips

Lars & Berthold & others

 BKPH> The least confusing way of dealing with anistropic
 > scaling is to keep one axis fixed and to then
 > adjust the overall size isotropically using TeX's
 > font commands.  That way you can use the existing
 > DVIPS mechansim for doing the scaling.

What about font scaling (even isotropic!!) *without*
having TeX available.  I have wanted that to get reasonable
font substitutions in DVIs destined for dvips.

Cheers

Larry Siebenmann