Re: question about adobe Cyrillic fonts.

On 6/09/99 at 10:51, vvv@vvv.vsu.ru (Vladimir Volovich) wrote:

> BTW, what is a triangle? i did not find a glyph with such name in
> "Greek" font.
>
>   Best regards, -- Vladimir.

They probably call it "tonos" or "accent" or "acute". IN the very early days of
Greek monotonic system some people wanted to darw the accent as a triangle to
show even more the difference with the previous polytonic system. Later on the
Government declared the acute accent as the official glyph of the monotonic accent.

| Yannis Haralambous, Ph.D.                  yannis@fluxus-virus.com |
| 187, rue Nationale                     fax :  +33 (0)3.20.40.28.64 |
| 59800 Lille, France                    tél. : +33 (0)6.07.98.16.26 |
| Visit the new trilingual Atelier Fluxus Virus Web site:            |
|                                        http://www.fluxus-virus.com |
                         ...pour distinguer l'extérieur d'un aquarium,
                                        mieux vaut n'être pas poisson

                        ...the ball I threw while playing in the park
                                         has never reached the ground