Re: fake small caps for times with TeXnANSIEncoding encoding?

Hi:

At 02:36 PM 98/09/26 +0200, Thomas Esser wrote:

>I'd like to have a faked small caps for Times-Roman and Times-Bold in
>LY1 encoding. Is there someone who can tell me how to get ptmbc8y.vf
>and ptmrc8y.vf (these should map into the 8r fonts, of course)?

>The reason for my question is that I am just setting up Lucida Bright
>and Mathtime and my idea is to get everything working for OT1, T1 and LY1.
>The LY1 files refer to tibsc.pfb and tirsc.pfb:

>ptmbc8y Times-BoldSC "TeXnANSIEncoding ReEncodeFont" <texnansi.enc <tibsc.pfb
>ptmrc8y Times-RomanSC "TeXnANSIEncoding ReEncodeFont" <texnansi.enc <tirsc.pfb

Which are of course the *real* Times-Roman Smallcaps and OldStyleFigures fonts :-)

See http://www.adobe.com/type/browser/P/P_194.html

Is there a convention in Berry naming to prevent confusion between faked `narrow',
faked `oblique', and faked `smallcaps' with the real thing?  Do they have different Berry
names? They should, since the metrics won't be the same...

Regards Berthold.

Berthold K.P. Horn
Cambridge, MA		mailto:bkph@ai.mit.edu