bakoma tfms: Checksum mismatch

Hello.

My teTeX 0.4 continually complains about `Checksum mismatch' with math
fonts.

I have bakoma installed, so I have checked the tfm files of bakoma
against those of cm and the following were reported as differing by
`diff':

cmmi6
cmmi7
cmmi8
cmmi9
cmmib10

1.  Is it possible that tex uses bakoma's tfm and xdvi cm's, or the other
way round and this be the cause of the warnings?  ---The fact is I do not
understand what kind of checksum it is and who does it in the first place.

2.  In each case, why *do* this tfms differ?

Thanks in advance.
Stefano Frabetti