Re: Mr Horns "recommendation"

At 02:07 PM 2/10/98 +0100, KNAPPEN@MZDMZA.ZDV.UNI-MAINZ.DE wrote:

>> My recommendation would be not to use T1 or OT1 encoding.
>> Use LY1 instead (*).

>This is in fact not a recommendation but a commercial advertisement. Mr.
>Horn has commercial connection to Y & Y, and didn't even mention this here.

>LY1 is a proprietary non-standard encoding.

Huh?  Say what?  Anyone can use it.  It requires no special fonts, or
commercial TeX systems, or whatever.

I just notice on CTAN in one of your files:

% J"org Knappen
% Professional (La)TeX consultant
% Barbarossaring 43
% D-55118 Mainz
% Allemagne

% knappen@vkpmzd.kph.uni-mainz.de

So, how come you don't have disclaimer in all of your postings?
It seems that the `solutions' you provide may very well be influenced by
how likely it is that someone is going to need your help in implementing
them.
Or something along those lines - some potential for conflict of interest.

I know this is *really* petty, but since you like this sort of thing --

Regards, Berthold

Berthold K.P. Horn
MIT AI Laboratory
mailto: bkph@ai.mit.edu