Re: MF ==> (PS type1)

   Date: Tue, 11 Mar 1997 06:59:27 +0100
   From: Laurent Siebenmann <lcs@topo.math.u-psud.fr>

   Re: MF ==> (PS type1)

   Peter Flynn writes:
    > ... someone ought to preserve this [Georgia Tobin's
    > metafont 1 Times] intact if it still exists...

   Was Georgia Tobin's metafont 1 Times public domain?  Spivak's derived
   MathTime is not.  Incidentally, if I am reading right, Yannis converted
   lams arrow fonts to type 1, and not the nascent MathTime.  Can we
   conclude that the latter was converted to type 1 by Henderson at BSR?

No.  I believe Mike did it himself, using the original design only
a starting point.  There was no direct conversion of either MF code
or high res bitmaps.

			  Larry S.

Berthold.