Re: AFMs for Blue Sky CM/PS fonts...

Sebastian Rahtz wrote:

> unless your OS is case insensitive, as all are except Unix (?). i
> cannot, for instance, preserve the Blue Sky / BaKoMa distinction by
> name case on a CD-ROM

actually there's a dirty little secret here, in that the Macintosh
OS requires the (internal) PostScript font names to be upper-case
so that it can resolve the (external) filename containing the actual
PostScript font.  I don't know of any way to avoid this; perhaps
it would be best to change the BaKoMa names to be consistent, where
this is required and permissible.  Another 'solution' (that may not
be possible) is to modify the fonts so as to install themselves
under both names in the font dictionary.  Berthold?

barry