Re: psnfss and lw35nfss

   Berthold K. P. Horn writes:
    > Yes, which is LaTeX 2e support for *fonts*.  The fact that it is called
    > `PS'NFSS is a unfortunate --- just as it is unfortunate that Type 1 fonts

   psnfss is designed to provide support for fonts found in PostScript
   printers, actually. no more no less.

Which I suppose is why there is PSNFSS support for Lucida Bright and
Lucida New Math and Lucida Bright Expert and MathTime 1.1 and MathTime
Plus :=)?

What are we talking about here?  The stuff in the PSNFSS package in LaTeX 2e?
The basic mechanism for providing support for `new' fonts? Or those huge
trees of TFM, VF and whatever files that are lying around in a different
part of the CTAN directory structure (I don't know where since I never
use that stuff).

Maybe its just in the definition of what PSNFSS is...

    > Of course on a platform where the only way to use ATM fonts is with
    > a PS interpreters you may see things differently :=)

   i feel sorry for people whose only interface to PostScript is via the
   crippled route of ATM letting them rasterize Type1 fonts....

i feel sorry for people whose only way of dealing with preview is to
use a PS rasterizer :=)

   sebastian