times

Hi,
I am trying to use times as the default font in my thesis. Here is what
 I have done so far:

Downloades /fonts/psfonts/adobe files and place the files in the
respective directories (.tfm in fonts/tfm/ ... etc.)

use the times package

add config.ptm to psfonts.map

When I use dvips, the output is a blank page and the message says
something to the effect that MakeTeXPK.exe had a problem with ptmb8r.###pk
not found. characters will be left blank...

Now, why does this happen? Should it be looking at .pk files at all? Why
doesn't it use the psfonts?

Any help will be greatly appreciated. I am using miktex on NT3.51

Sumit