Re: partial font downloading

Personally, I find the issue of partial font downloading to have
unrecognized pitfalls. Many programs which create EPS files will NOT
include the fonts in the EPS files. This is in fact legal EPS
behavior. Unless dvips or dvipsone or whatever reads the DSC comments
and recognizes that fonts A, B and C are required (which I know dvips
does not), then the only way to get the fonts into the TeX-generated
PostScript file is to print something in the required fonts (one
letter NORMALLY suffices) in white off the edge of the page. Bingo,
the font is now included and all works. With partial font downloading,
the issue becomes much more problematic.

-dh

--
Don Hosek                          dhosek@quixote.com
909-621-1291                       fax: 909-625-1342