Re: Encodings, Non-T1 symbols, and bitmapped fonts... -Reply

>What I dont see is why this affects someone
>choosing to set their text in 8r rather than T1 at a document
>level.

Using just 8r will work.  Using just T1 will work.  Mixing both (eg
using T1 for CM fonts and 8r for PS fonts) is a problem.

>If you dont use that, why do people want to use
>8r.sty?

In order to access all those neat new glyphs like <onehalf> which
should really be accessed via a TS encoding.

Alan.