Re: fontnames for Bitstream Univers

On Nov 11, 1998 at 12:00:01PM +0100, Thierry Bouche wrote:
> As for Univers, the problem is to have matching BT & adobe names, it
> is of course on the fontinst side to add supported weights if you need
> them (no need to change fontinst.sty, fontinst.rc is here for that).
It sounds like the mapping from latin_[weights|widths|shapes] to
tex-[variant|weight] is still a moving target. Is there any written
documentation except the fontinst.sty? Maybe a proposal. I remember
having real problems to make fontinst to recognize each bitstream
font and fit in into the tex sheme.

> > BTW, how do you handle the typewriter fonts like the Monospace821BT?
>
> I don't see the special point. You only have to \setint{monospace} to
> some meaningless value, no?
They problem I ran into when a tried to install the bitstream font,
was that monospaced fonts like the above simply weren't found
when I called \latinfamily{familyname}{}\bye
though I added \latin_shape{t}{t}{}{tt} to \latin_shapes.
(At that time I used fontinst 1.6, 1.801 doesn't have the shape at all)
Anyway, I never needed that font.

Is it \setint{monospace} or \setint{monowidth}?

  Uwe
--
  Uwe.Steinmann@fernuni-hagen.de
  Tel: +2331 987 4528    Fax: +2331 987 375