Re: fontinst TS1.etx

> Ulrik asked:

>> Joerg:
>> Could you have a look at the documenation to see if the description
>> really matches the intended purpose of the glyphs?

>> \setslot{captialgrave}

> spelling: it should read `capitalgrave'. The same for the other slots.

Yes, I noticed that and fixed it already in my ts1.etx and
textcomp.mtx.  I also added some glyph fakery to texcomp.mtx,
in particular

  centigrade  := degree + C
  bardbl      := bar + bar		(partially overlapping)
  openbracket := bracket + bracket	(partially overlapping)
  twelveudash := endash + enddash	(partially overlapping)
  threequatersemdash (as abvove, unless it is available for real)

> [capitalcompwordmark]

>> \comment{An invisible glyph, with zero width, depth and height.
>> It is used to stop ligaturing in words like `shelf{}ful'.}

> It has (and should have in all virtual fonts) capital height, zero
> width and zero depth. It can carry accents to be placed between two
> capital letters.

> The comment about ligature stopping is all right.

The comment was copied straight from t1.etx.  In the latter case,
it should probably mention x-height.

> [comma,period]

> Those two are ín' in order to make it easier to typeset oldstyle
> decimal numbers just by switching the font encoding to TS1. No
> macros are needed to access them.

I see.  This means we could even have kern pairs between oldstyle
figures and punctuation, if they existed.

> [colonmonetary]

>> \comment{The monetary colon `\textcolonmonetary', similar to
>> a capital `C' with a vertical bar through the middle.}

> better wording: The colon currency sign `\textcolonmonetary',
> similar to

> (Remark: Colon, Named after Crisotbal Colon (Columbus) is the
> currency of Panama)

Thanks for the explanation.  Incidently, Adobe expert fonts do
provide this character (as well dollaroldstyle and centoldstyle).

> [peso]

>> \comment{The peso currency sign `\textpeso', similar to
>> a capital `P' with a horizontal bar below the bowl.}

> In some fonts, the stroke is drawn through the bowl. This is
> essentially the same symbol.

In URW expert fonts, I have three variants of `peseta'.  The first
two are like `Pt' or `Ptas' and the last one has horizontal bar.
Is that the same symbol?

> [pilcrow]

>> a paragraph mark `\textparagraph' with a narrow stem.}
>        a paragraph mark `\textparagraph' with a single stem.}

OK.  However, a paragraph mark doesn't always have two stems.
By that logic, some paragraph marks are actually pilcrows.

Thanks for your clarification.

Cheers, Ulrik.