fontname code for scaled variants

Hi,

Recently I wanted an 11/12 scaled Adobe Myriad to match Adobe Kepler and
so constructed a virtual font to handle the scaling. There was just one
problem; I couldn't see anything in the Karl Berry naming scheme to handle
this case. In the end, I settled on an unused variant letter, which at
the time was `j' (for ``just right'') but I now see that `j' is being
used for something else.

So, is there a variant letter for this? If not, should we invent one, or
at least set aside a few for ``user specific variants''.

    Melissa.