Re: bug in fontinst 1.801: duplicated kernings (was: ae fonts Q)

Vladimir Volovich wrote:
> And while we are at this topic, some more bug. :-)
> This time it can be called something like "rounding problems?".

Hmm yes, this is another hard-to-fix problem.  Looking to see whether a
font has already been loaded is easy (just do a csname lookup on

For most fonts it won't make that much difference, the only problem is
the extra mapfont line and perhaps some inefficiency since font 0 is the
default font.

Are the ae fonts doing anything weird to generate that extra MAPFONT
line?

Alan.