Re: bug in fontinst 1.801: duplicated kernings (was: ae fonts Q)

Lars Hellström wrote:

> I have written a modification of the relevant parts in fontinst which would
> fix the "bug" you describe (as well as allow kerns to be changed after they
> have been set), but I should update that before I could expect anyone else
> to try to use it. It should work fine under v1.504, though.

I thought of doing this the first time around (have a \setkern and a
\resetkern) but decided against it on grounds of running time: perhaps I
was wrong...  or perhaps I'm misremembering.  Do you have an idea of
whether there's a run-time cost associated with your fix?

Alan.