Re: superior numerals

Barbara Beeton writes:
> melissa, do you know of any reference which includes the tabular/non
> tabular aspect for numeral definitions?

Sadly no; there is nothing in Bringhurst about it, as I recall. In my
experience, hanging figures tend to be variable width and lining figures
tend to be fixed width, but as you point out, this need not be a hard
and fast rule.

Adobe seems to like the term `fitted' for the variable width numerals,
at least given the `onefitted' glyph name in the expert set font.

Sorry not to be of more help,

    Melissa.