Re: Binary Relations, draft 1

IMHO the rule for upright setting is, that (beside some other entities)
_numbers_ are typeset upright. Note that it is not _constants_, since any
ad hoc constants (typically denoted by $c$ or $k$) are typeset in math
italics. e, i, j, k, pi (my preferred macros: \ee, \ie, \je, \ka, \pie)
are numbers, not just constants.

Unfortunately, as noted before, there is no standard markup for the upright
math constants. Each publisher uses a different one. Here is my short list:

   Springer-Verlag Vieweg     Spektrum akad. Verlag

d  \D              \de        \de
e  \E              \ee        \ee
i  \I              \ie        \ie

delta
Delta
micro
pi
Ohm
partial

Gaps mean: not implemented.

--J"org Knappen

P.S. The reason behind my preffered macros (by adding an e to the letter name):

a) No overloading of established TeX macros (like \d and \e)
b) Case sensitive, i. e. \de and \De are available for different things
c) Short (even compared to \diff and \eul, or compared to a typical LaTeX2e
   internal command like *\mathdifferntialsign or *\matheulerconstant [note:
   the asterix denotes that the names aren't really existing])