[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Binary Relations, draft 1
- To: Thierry Bouche <Thierry.Bouche@ujf-grenoble.fr>
- Subject: Re: Binary Relations, draft 1
- From: Chris Rowley <C.A.Rowley@open.ac.uk>
- Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 18:54:08 +0000 (GMT)
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Content-Length: 564
> Well, now the technology allows us to devise a much more coherent &
> powerfull system, distinguishing between the function $e$ and the
> Euler constant $\E$, between the projector $\pi$ and the constant
> $\PI$, &c.
It allows you to do so and feel free to do so; but do not expect
any mathematician to take any notice of you.
But mathematical notation is just like natural language; and no sane
person tries to invent rules for those! ... oops, something wrong there
... correction: no one in the UK thinks it is a sensible use of time.