[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: mathfont v0.59
- To: Ulrik Vieth <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: mathfont v0.59
- From: Robin Fairbairns <Robin.Fairbairns@cl.cam.ac.uk>
- Date: Thu, 16 Apr 1998 16:19:10 +0100
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org, Robin.Fairbairns@cl.cam.ac.uk
> P.S. Why is downloading a 10K index page, editing it locally, and
> transferring it back so much faster than editing it interactively in a
> Telnet window? Somehow getting files to and from tug.org sometimes
> feels much faster than issuesing just a few simple commands. Sigh!
it's to do with the relation between human and network reaction times.
you've only got two things to say "oh, damn, this is taking a long
time", whereas if you're editing, you say that for every other
sebastian tells me he regularly runs interactive sessions to the
states, but mostly i find it's only sensible at weekends, when all the
students who make our link so feeble are in their rooms nursing
who's got a sleepy old session going on ctan.tug.org right now...