[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: rsfs slant problems
- To: Laurent Siebenmann <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: rsfs slant problems
- From: bbeeton <BNB@MATH.AMS.ORG>
- Date: Mon, 16 Mar 1998 08:31:45 -0500 (EST)
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
larry has commented on bold script/cursive:
Well, there is only one sort of bold that should be provided,
namely a bold for mathematics in bold titles. ...
ams convention does *not* ordinarily embolden math in titles, as
there is too often a distinction between bold and lightface.
however, we *have* had occasional requests for bold script letters
as a contrast to the same letters in lightface in the same document.
that is *our* reason for requiring boldface script. as i said in
my list of desiderata,
- although rare, some bold cursive letters are sometimes requested;
normal weight must be distinguishable from bold