[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: rsfs slant problems
- To: Laurent Siebenmann <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: rsfs slant problems
- From: Chris Rowley <C.A.Rowley@open.ac.uk>
- Date: Sun, 15 Mar 1998 11:40:04 +0000 (GMT)
- Cc: BNB@MATH.AMS.ORG, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Laurent wrote --
> - although rare, some bold cursive letters are sometimes requested;
> normal weight must be distinguishable from bold
> Well, there is only one sort of bold that should be provided,
> namely a bold for mathematics in bold titles. If you accept this,
Unfortunately this is not acceptable. whether or not it makes
typographic sense, it is a `true math bold' that is needed here.
> On the other hand, Knuth's "skew
> character" trickery could I believe be extended to solve these problems in
> some future e-TeX. This is a hint for Mathias Classen and friends.
I belive such ideas are already being experimented on.