[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: BSR CM type 1 arrows, StMaryRd, and RSFS
- To: Ulrik Vieth <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: BSR CM type 1 arrows, StMaryRd, and RSFS
- From: "Berthold K.P. Horn" <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 10 Mar 1998 09:59:52 -0500
- Cc: support@YandY.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
At 02:29 PM 3/10/98 +0100, Ulrik Vieth wrote:
>> i don't know, actually. I dont *think* any of our typesetters use CM
>> or MathTime, except maybe those few that use TeX.
>In that case I really wonder what else there is left you are you
>using? I mean the whole work of the Math Font Group (*) was based
>on the assumption that the choice of math fonts sets usable with
>TeX was limitied to a handful of families such as CM, Concrete,
>Euler, Adobe Symbol, MathTime, Lucida New Math, and Mathematica.
I think you are assuming that people use TeX. Many of the big publishers
do not. You can tell if you look at electronic journals. Many of them
use Adobe Universal Greek + Pi and fonts like that.
Berthold K.P. Horn
MIT AI Laboratory