[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: ?bigplus ?
- To: Ulrik Vieth <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: ?bigplus ?
- From: Chris Rowley <C.A.Rowley@open.ac.uk>
- Date: Thu, 29 Jan 1998 02:54:17 +0100
- Alternate-Recipient: Allowed
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Content-Identifier: Re: (092)bigp...
Ulrik wrote --
> IIRC, I once managed to coerce dvips to produce a normal file,
> by increasing the memory size in config.ps, but I don't know
> if that referes to printer memory or computer memory available
> to generate the output file.
My understanding of the dvips documentation has always been that this
value should be the amount of free VM that it should assume is in your
printer. Then dvips will ensure that it never tries to use more than
However, older printer RIPS were very bad at freeing memory when they
should, so it was common to run out of memory on long complex jobs
through no fault of dvips.
I have heard about similar problems recently with Win95 PS drivers but
this should not be relevant to dvips use.