Web documentation on fonts

I've spent a good bit of today reorganizing my Web pages on fonts.  My
intent with these pages is to create a resource that both local and
remote users can read to learn more about fonts, and font software.

There is now a new top-level entry to this documentation at

	http://www.math.utah.edu/~beebe/index.html#fonts

or more directly, with less serendipity, at

	http://www.math.utah.edu/~beebe/fonts/index.html

Several of the Web pages contain references to software; in every case
where a UNIX manual page was available, I've provided links to an
automatically-translated HTML file, using the latest release of my
man2html utility, available at

	ftp://ftp.math.utah.edu/pub/sgml/index.html#m

The extensive GNU font utilities and fontname documentation is also
provided in HTML form, thanks to texi2html, and a half-dozen minor
hand edits.

All HTML files have been prettyprinted (except the GNU font utilities
pages), and all pass the rigorous grammatical check of html-ncheck.

These files have updated today, or automatically translated from
existing documentation:

	 X-Window-System-fonts.html
	 info/fontname.html
	 info/fontu.html
	 info/fontu_toc.html
	 manpages/t1ascii.html
	 manpages/t1asm.html
	 manpages/t1binary.html
	 manpages/t1disasm.html
	 manpages/unpost.html
	 mathematica.html
	 outline-vs-bitmap-fonts.html
	 unicode.html

These files are completely new today:

	 computer-modern.html
	 index.html
	 metafont.html
	 postscript-type-1-fonts.html

I will be pleased to receive comments, bug reports, and complaints
about errors of omission.

- Nelson H. F. Beebe                  Tel: +1 801 581 5254                 -
- Center for Scientific Computing     FAX: +1 801 581 4148                 -
- University of Utah                  Internet e-mail: beebe@math.utah.edu -
- Department of Mathematics, 105 JWB                   beebe@acm.org       -
- 155 S 1400 E RM 233                                  beebe@ieee.org      -
- Salt Lake City, UT 84112-0090, USA  URL: http://www.math.utah.edu/~beebe -