about EuroTeX (again)

Since there is a danger that we might miss a golden opportunity if we
do not take a decision pretty soon, I have decided to take the hopeful
position, based on the assumption that I somehow will manage to find
the time to attend the conference and be available to do a group
presentation (hoping that a backup speaker may be found in the case of
unfortunate circumstances).

Attached below is a draft for an abstract submission:

Question to the program committee members:

  Is there still a chance to submit this as a post-deadline paper by
  the end of this week or early next week (if it needs to be revised)?

Question to the group members:

  Is the contents of the abstract acceptable or do you have any
  concrete suggestions for improving it?

Question to the individuals I have nominated as potential participants
in a panel discussion:

  Are you really willing to attend and to participate in the panel?
  Who else is?  Is there anyone / any group that I may have forgotten?

Hope it's not too late yet.
Cheers, Ulrik.

\documentclass{ltugproc}

\title{Towards a new Math Font Encoding for \AllTeX{}}

\author{Math Font Working Group}
\address{%
  Joint \LaTeX{}3 Project / \acro{TUG} Technical Working Group\\
  on Extended Math Font Encodings (WG-92-01)}
\netaddress{math-font-discuss@cogs.susx.ac.uk}

\author{Ulrik Vieth (presenting author, tentative)}
\address{%
  Heinrich-Heine-Universit{\"a}t D{\"u}sseldorf\\
  Institut f{\"u}r Theoretische Physik~II\\
  Universit{\"a}tsstra\ss{}e 1\\
  D-40225 D{\"u}sseldorf\\
  Germany}
\netaddress{vieth@thphy.uni-duesseldorf.de}

\author{Matthias Clasen (primary author of paper)}
\address{%
  Albert-Ludwigs-Universit{\"a}t Freiburg\\
  Institut f{\"u}r Mathematische Logik\\
  D-79104 Freiburg\\
  Germany}
\netaddress{clasen@mathematik.uni-freiburg.de}

\begin{document}

\begin{abstract}
  When \TeX{}~3.0 made it possible in 1990 to overcome the
  restrictions of \hbox{7-bit} fonts, it didn't take long until an
  encoding vector for \hbox{8-bit} text fonts was developed to support
  the needs of European languages.  Ever since the first
  implementations of these `Cork' encoded fonts became available, it
  was recognized that new \hbox{8-bit} math font encodings were
  ultimately needed to overcome the inter-dependencies between text
  fonts and math fonts and to provide a more extensive and
  better-organized symbol complement.
  %
  In 1993 a working group on extended math font encodings was
  initiated by the \LaTeX{}3 project and an outline of a new encoding
  was presented in a workshop session at the \acro{TUG} meeting.
  Unfortunately, work on the details of this `Aston' proposal
  practically came to halt in late 1993 and it took until early 1997
  to revive the discussion on math fonts.

  In this paper we will present a snapshot of ongoing work on a
  \texttt{fontinst}-based prototype implementation of new math
  encodings, which is currently being tested on Computer Modern,
  Concrete, and Euler versions.  We will summarize the design goals
  and technical considerations that have led to the present layout of
  the font tables and discuss some of the remaining open problems.
\end{abstract}

\maketitle

\begin{itemize}
\item Time estimate: 30 min + 60 min discussion

\item Potential participants in a panel discussion:
  \begin{itemize}
    \item Matthias Clasen (if present)
    \item Ulrik Vieth
    \item J{\"o}rg Knappen (?)
    \item Thierry Bouche (?)
    \item \LaTeX{}3 team: Frank Mittelbach (?)
    \item AMS representatives: ???
    \item math/science publishers: ???
    \item commercial font suppliers: ???
  \end{itemize}

\item Page estimate: 6--8 pages (?) + 6 font tables

\item Outline of the paper:
  \begin{itemize}
  \item Introduction / Motivation / Timeline
  \item Review of the old math font encodings
  \item Outline of the new math font encodings
  \item Design goals and order of priorities
  \item Details on the indvidual font tables
  \item Discussion and open questions
  \item Appendix: Snapshot of the font tables
  \end{itemize}
\end{itemize}

\end{document}