[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Math font announcement in TTN 4,2
- To: Frank Mittelbach <Frank.Mittelbach@uni-mainz.de>
- Subject: Re: Math font announcement in TTN 4,2
- From: Robin Fairbairns <Robin.Fairbairns@cl.cam.ac.uk>
- Date: Sun, 22 Oct 1995 16:35:10 +0000
- Cc: email@example.com (Ulrik Vieth), firstname.lastname@example.org, Schoepf@uni-mainz.de, C.A.Rowley@open.ac.uk, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, JLBraams@cistron.nl, email@example.com
Frank writes (and I agree with most of what he says that's not
> there is, for example, a group on standardizing \special's which
> exists I think longer than i'm part of the TeX community which goes
> way back. Nothing really ever happened in terms of final decisions or
> actual implementations although a lot went on over the years.
That's probably a bad example to choose, since (AFAICT) that group has
got itself into gear and is likely imminently to produce some real
workable ideas/working code.
TWGs in general aren't a stunning success, but a lot of good solid
work seems to be done, and we may see others than the specials, maths
fonts and TDS groups also producing something soon.
> ps. having said all this I just want to warn everybody that any flames
> will go to /var/spool for some time as i have to leave tomorrow on a
> project unrelated to TeX---ie to earn my living as free TeX work
> unfortunately doesn't provide me for that
Would that we could pay you all...