triangle left-right

><<<<<
i believe that the small triangles in cmmi were intended by knuth
to be used as variant bullets (the texbook exercises are "bulleted"
with small solid triangles, and in some of our publications these
open ones are indeed used for that purpose), and they also are put
together to form a "bowtie".  for the latter, they definitely
shouldn't be replaced by something bigger, but for the former, if
they were in the companion font, that would be okay for our use.
						-- bb

So the two triangles form cmmi '56 and 57 are going out of the math
encoding, and into the text symbol encoding.

OK Alan, have you got some place in TS ?

JZ