Re: More on subscripts and superscripts

when ams constructed the ms*m fonts, symbols were put into them
because they were presumably needed in the material we publish,
and those symbols definitely include the negated arrows.  so yes,
the input `$X_\nrightarrow$' is legit in amstex (which, after all,
existed even before latex).

whether or not all the negated arrows have actually been used is
a different question.  (i do know that some of them have.)  i shall
have to seek more expert guidance here on that.  i doubt very much
that we would look kindly on having symbols that do appear in our
input, and which are therefore used by our authors, disappear from
the math glyph complement.  again, i shall seek advice.
                                                -- bb