[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
ou-ligature as a mathematical symbol--ideosyncrasy or establishedusage?
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: ou-ligature as a mathematical symbol--ideosyncrasy or establishedusage?
- From: J%org Knappen <Joerg.Knappen@uni-mainz.de>
- Date: Mon, 9 Aug 1993 17:25 +0200
- Cc: ellhnika <@mvs.gsi.de:email@example.com>
Mylonas and Whitney had an article in TUGBOAT on their greek fonts, and
they show an example of the use of the `ou'-ligature (and the `OU' as well)
in a physics textbooks as a _mathematical symbol_.
Does this correspond to an established practice or is it an ideosyncrasy of