Palo Alto local information
- By car, from SFO (San Francisco airport) to the Sheraton Palo Alto:
Take US-101 S for approximately 20 miles. Exit onto the Embarcadero
Rd/Oregon Expwy. Upon exiting, continue on Embarcadero Road. Turn
right onto El Camino Real.
- By car, from SJC (San Jose airport) to the Sheraton Palo Alto:
Exit the airport using the lanes leading to CA-87 N. Merge onto US-101
N, and stay on it for approximately 13 miles. Take the Embarcadero Road
exit. Turn right onto El Camino Real.
- By train: The Sheraton Palo Alto is located near a Caltrain station,
which can be used to go as far as San Francisco to Gilroy, as well as to
connect to the VTA light rail system. From the airport, however, a rider
needs to take BART to Millbrae, then take the Caltrain to Palo Alto.
Caltrain does not have a station at the airport.
- Sadly, the hotel does not provide shuttle service to any airport.
Sightseeing and tourism
Art & Culture
- Rodin Sculptures @ Stanford campus
- Stanford Memorial Church
- Mission Santa Clara / Santa Clara University
- Winchester Mystery House
- Whale watching (July is the season for humpback whales, blue whales,
- Other tech headquarters and companies
Families with Younger Children
- Happy Hollow Park & Zoo
- Children's Discovery Museum
If questions or suggestions for the above, please contact the conference committee.
$Date: 2019/05/09 17:14:35 $;
conference home page;