Presentations on LaTeX, TeX,
The 30th Annual Meeting of the TeX Users Group
Free workshop day: July 28, 2009
TUG 2009: July 29-31, 2009
University of Notre Dame /
Notre Dame, Indiana 46556 USA
http://tug.org/tug2009 • firstname.lastname@example.org
Eitan Gurari has been part of the TeX community for many years,
and was going to be a featured speaker at this conference. It is with
great regret that we learned he prematurely passed away on June 22
notice). We will miss him immensely. Our sincere condolences to
his family and friends.
This three-day conference focuses on practical techniques for
document production using LaTeX, TeX, ConTeXt, MetaPost, and friends. A
day of free concurrent workshops precedes
Hope to see you there!
Dates and deadlines
- Fees: registration rates are listed on the registration form. In brief:
- Member of any TeX user group: $275.
- Non-member (includes complimentary one year TUG membership): $325.
- Presenter: $275.
- Student: $200.
- Rates will increase after April 27.
- Full refund before May 31, 50% refund before June 22, no refund
possible after June 22.
- The registration page provides for arranging
your stay at the conference
hotel: the Morris Inn, on campus, an easy walk from the venue.
Estates Lodge, available at the Notre Dame rate of $87/night:
make the reservation by phone to 877-783-8496 or 574-272-5220 and
tell them “TeX Users Group” to get this rate. It is not
walkable due to traffic, but the hotel will provide a shuttle and is
also on the Transpo bus route. About 1.5
miles from the venue. The $87 rate cannot be guaranteed after
- A very spartan, but very inexpensive, alternative is the Sacred Heart
Parish Center on campus: no a/c, no breakfast, shared bath, but
- Other nearby hotels in
South Bend (none walkable).
- Internet access: free at the conference with a token you pick up
at registration. The Morris Inn also provides free Internet access.
- Meals: conference attendees can enjoy a Tuesday night reception at
the Morris Inn (5-7pm) and a banquet (optional, cost $50 per person) on
Thursday evening, also at the Morris Inn (time tba). Lunch will be
served each day of the meeting, as well as morning and afternoon coffee
- Location: the campus of University of Notre Dame in the city of South
Bend, Indiana, about 90 miles southeast from Chicago. The nearest
airport is in South Bend (airport code SBN). All presentations and
workshops will be in DeBartolo Hall
Dame campus map).
Mentioning the conference to colleagues and in any other contexts
would be very much appreciated. We'd also be grateful for any
posting of this one-page PDF flyer.
Sponsored by the TeX Users Group, the Notre Dame Journal of Formal Logic,
and DANTE e.V., with additional
support from River Valley Technologies, with special
assistance from several individual contributors. Thanks to all!
A list of past TeX meetings is available.
$Date: 2014/09/03 21:55:54 $;
previous TUG meeting -
next TUG meeting -
historical TeX meetings