TUG 2001: A TeX Odyssey


Delegates from most countries (see list below) are eligible for the Visa Waiver Program , and should ask for WB (waiver-business) status at Immigration on arrival in the US.
Family members should ask for WT (waiver-tourist) status.

Citizens of other countries should obtain B-1 (business) visas from the US Embassy or Consulate in their country before departure.
Family members should obtain B-2 (pleasure) visas.

If you are visiting other institutions in the US, check with them for any additional visa requirements, especially if you anticipate receiving financial support from the conference.

Apply early, and note that obtaining US visas in a country other than your country of citizenship may not be possible.

US Embassies and Consulates: http://travel.state.gov/links.html are listed on the web.

Holders of J-1 or HB visas should contact their sponsoring host institutions if necessary.

The Visa Waiver Program requires travel on a participating airline, a round-trip ticket, a visit less than 90 days, and a valid passport from a participating country:

  • Andora
  • Argentina
  • Australia
  • Austria
  • Belgium
  • Bermuda
  • Brunei
  • Canada
  • Denmark
  • Finland
  • France
  • Germany
  • Iceland
  • Ireland
  • Italy
  • Japan
  • Liechtenstein
  • Luxembourg
  • Monaco
  • Netherlands
  • New Zealand
  • Norway
  • Portugal
  • San Marino
  • Singapore
  • Slovenia
  • Spain
  • Sweden
  • Switzerland
  • United Kingdom
  • Uruguay