Errata for TeX's 25 Anniversary: A
Here is a list of corrections to the first printing of this commemorative book. An asterisk (*) marks
significant errors that are not merely typographical. These changes
have been made to the on-line version available to TUG members.
- page 2
- correct the title of Knuth's third contribution to TUGboat
8:1 from “Problem for a Saturday afternoon” to
“Problem for a Saturday morning”.
- *page 2
- add an entry for TUGboat 8:2 for “Problem for a Saturday
- *page 2
- add an entry for TUGboat 8:2 for “Reply: Printing Out
- page 6, line 24
- change “arc” to “are”
- page 31, line 2
- reverse the intended-to-be-alphabetical order of “Michael
Plass, Oren Patashnik”
- *page 31, line 19
- change “Carter, though he was not at Stanford” to
“Carter, though he was at Stanford only for a short time”;
after that sentence add “Knuth has also noted Gerard Unger, who
spent February 1985 at Stanford.”
- page 31, lines 22-23
- change “He was at Stanford for thirteen years” to
“He was on Stanford's faculty for thirteen years”
- *page 31
- delete the last sentence on the page
- page 85
- replace “no other papers” with “several other
papers” wrt Ignacio Zabala (Zabala's
papers in TUGboat).
- page 91
- lines 9-10: delete “Even before heading off,”.
line 20: “maintainers” should be “maintained”.
lines -11, -10, -4: logos should be used, i.e., \BibTeX
Most of these corrections were found by Don Knuth, whom we thank (now
for yet one more reason). Additional corrections and comments are
welcome; please email publishing at tug dot org.
$Date: 2017/08/03 21:45:09 $