[Xy-pic] Arrow head direction using xy-pic

Ross Moore ross.moore at mq.edu.au
Mon Jun 6 00:50:57 CEST 2016

On Jun 6, 2016, at 8:35 AM, Ryan Sherrill <ryanesherrill at gmail.com<mailto:ryanesherrill at gmail.com>> wrote:

Good afternoon all,

I joined the mailing list hoping for some suggestions with a problem I'm having.  I've previously used xymatrix, but for a paper I'm working on I need the ability to put lines with arrows at arbitrary locations in x-y space.  In the following MWE I specified two points and then drew a line between them. From the xy-pic reference manual I used `?>*' to combine two commands and then tried to add an arrow head to the end of my line.

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage[all]{xy}

\begin{document}

\xy
(0,0)="A",
(15,15)="B",
"A";"B"**@{.}?>*{>},

That just drops the ‘>’ character, not an arrowhead.

Instead try

"A";"B"**@{.}?>*@{>},

or simply   "A";"B"**@{.>}

Try also the effect of:    "A";"B"**@{>.>} or   "A";"B"**@{(.>}

\endxy

\end{document}

From the MWE the arrow head appears but it is not in the same direction as the line.  I would appreciate any assistance the group could offer.

Thank you,
Ryan Sherrill

Hope this helps,
Ross

Dr Ross Moore

Mathematics Dept | Level 2, S2.638 AHH
Macquarie University, NSW 2109, Australia

T: +61 2 9850 8955  |  F: +61 2 9850 8114<tel:%2B61%202%209850%209695>
M:+61 407 288 255<tel:%2B61%20409%20125%20670>  |  E: ross.moore at mq.edu.au<mailto:rick.minter at mq.edu.au>

http://www.maths.mq.edu.au<http://mq.edu.au/>

[cid:image001.png at 01D030BE.D37A46F0]<http://mq.edu.au/>

CRICOS Provider Number 00002J. Think before you print.
Please consider the environment before printing this email.<http://mq.edu.au/>

This message is intended for the addressee named and may
contain confidential information. If you are not the intended
recipient, please delete it and notify the sender. Views expressed
in this message are those of the individual sender, and are not
necessarily the views of Macquarie University.<http://mq.edu.au/>