[Xy-pic] Setting Braces in XYPic, XYMatrix

Christian Guckelsberger info at abyi.com
Wed Nov 14 16:21:45 CET 2012

Hi there,

I'm new to XYPic, basically I stumbled upon a XYMatrix in a paper which
I now have to edit and I'm still very overwhelmed by the elementary syntax.

I want to add three braces to a xymatrix in a xypic environment. Here's
how I got so far.
--

|\documentclass[11pt]{article}  % use larger type; default would be 10pt
\usepackage[all]{xy}

\xy
\xymatrix at C=10pt at R=20pt{
&\\
  &  A_1\POS*\frm{^\}},+U*++!D\txt{A to B}  &  B_2&  C_3\POS*\frm{^\}},+U*++!D\txt{C to D}  &  D_4\\
  &  E_5&  F_6\POS*\frm{_\}},+U*++!D\txt{F to G}  &  G_7&  H_8
}
\endxy

\end{document}
--

Now there are two issues:

 1.

    I want the braces to span from A to B, C to D and the one at the
    bottom from F to G. At the moment, they only embrace a single
    element. How can I do this using the xymatrix [rr] syntax?

 2.

    I want to add the label for the bottom brace from below. At the
    moment, it is still displayed on top.

I also posted the problem on stackexchange. There's also a picture of
how it looks like at the moment:
http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/82700/set-braces-in-xypic-xymatrix

I'm happy about any suggestions concerning this issue!

Thanks very much,
Christian