[Xy-pic] xy-matrix and xy-pic

Vasco Visser vasco.visser at gmail.com
Thu May 3 19:03:28 CEST 2012

Dear xy users and/or developers,

For my Msc thesis I want to make some drawings in xy-pic/xy-matrix

What I basically want is to make base drawings in xy-matrix and then
draw on top of that using the general xy-pic language. Is that a
strategy that is recommendable? Or am I on the wrong track here?

If this is possible, then it would be nice if I could have access to
positions of objects in xy-matrix from the general xy environment. I
looked in the reference and there is a stack that can be used to store
positions. Is it also possible to push the positions of objects in
xy-matrix onto this stack?

Are there any other pointers I can get from you?

Also, are there any example graphics in addition to what is already in
the refman that can help me understand the xy language quicker,
especially graphics that make extensive use of the stack?

Thanks a lot for any help you can give me.

Best Regards,
Vasco