[Xy-pic] Problem with centered xy-pic-diagram with underlined content

Arne Schröder arne.schroeder at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 02:15:08 CET 2011

Hi there,

in my TeX-document, I would like to include a diagram in which there is
underlined text. I also want this diagram to be centered. So far I used
xy-pic very nicely and centered all diagrams, using \[ and \]. However,
underlining in combination with \CompileMatrices seems to cause problems.

I made up a sample-file which fails with the error message "You can't use
`spacefactor' in math mode \xy@{}{\leave@}", marking line 13:

\documentclass{scrreprt}
> \usepackage[matrix]{xy}
>
> \CompileMatrices
>
> \begin{document}
>
> \[
> \begin{xy}
> \xymatrix{
>   \underline{bla}
> }
> \end{xy}
> \]
>
> \end{document}

Do you know whether I have done something wrong? Is there a known
workaround?

Thanks in advance,

Arne Schröder