[Xy-pic] ifpdf.sty???

Dupuy A (ROA) a.dupuy at maastrichtuniversity.nl
Wed Sep 22 15:54:53 CEST 2010

Hi,
I've tried to intall xypic (I am using SciWord55). I followed you instructions very carefully and when I compilePDF my document in SciWord, I get this:

Xy-pic version 3.8.2 <2010/06/17>
 Copyright (c) 1991-2010 by Kristoffer H. Rose <krisrose at tug.org>
 Xy-pic is free software: see the User's Guide for details.

utility macros; pictures: \xy, positions, objects, decorations;
kernel objects: directionals, circles, text; options; algorithms: directions,
edges, connections;  Xy-pic loaded)

! LaTeX Error: File `ifpdf.sty' not found.

Type X to quit or <RETURN> to proceed,
or enter new name. (Default extension: sty)

Enter file name:

Any idea what this means? And what this ifpdf.sty is?

When I do not use the "xy" package, I don't have this message.

Many thanks in advance,

Dr. Arnaud Dupuy
Senior Researcher

Research Centre for Education and the Labour Market
Maastricht University | ROA
P.O. Box 616, NL-6200 MD Maastricht
T +31 43 3883735 F +31 43 3884914

www.roa.unimaas.nl<http://www.roa.unimaas.nl/>
A.Dupuy at maastrichtuniversity.nl<mailto:A.Dupuy at maastrichtuniversity.nl>

Please note the e-mail address has changed