[Xy-pic] Conflict between unicode-math and xypic

Rémy Oudompheng remyoudompheng at gmail.com
Tue Nov 9 09:47:40 CET 2010

I'm trying the latest unicode-math with the following file (log attached) :

\documentclass{minimal}
\listfiles
\usepackage{unicode-math}
\usepackage[all]{xy}
\begin{document}
\end{document}

and am now stubling upon problems with xelatex (not with lualatex). It
seems that the patch for xypic that is included in unicode-math
assumes that xypdf is loaded, which is not true when using xelatex. By
the way, are these patches backwards-compatible with older engines
like tex and pdftex? I was wondering whether they could be included in
xypic main codebase.

By the way I'm encountering an apparently unrelated error:
! Font \nullfont has only 7 fontdimen parameters.
\um_font_dimen:Nnnnn ...criptfont:D }}}}}}}\c_two

Regards,
Rémy.