[Xy-pic] [pdftex] New error

Ross Moore ross.moore at mq.edu.au
Sun Jun 6 02:49:24 CEST 2010

Hello Aleks,

On 06/06/2010, at 9:33 AM, Aleks Kleyn wrote:

> What does mean error
>
> (\end occurred when \ifx on line 11 was incomplete)
> (see the transcript file for additional information)
> !pdfTeX error: pdflatex (file xyd.enc): cannot open encoding file for
> reading
>  ==> Fatal error occurred, no output PDF file produced!

It means that the file  xyd.enc  was not found in the correct
location, at a place where it seems to be needed; e.g., while

BTW, this has nothing to do with  pdftex per se,
so please reply to the Xy-pic mailing list, and leave this
  pdfTeX list alone.

Now we need to establish the context of this error.
So would you please send (i.e., post to the  xy-pic at tug.org  list)
  1. your complete  .log file for this job;
  2. the complete preamble of your LaTeX (?) job.

If you are not using LaTeX, then please provide enough of
your document so that we can try to run it and reproduce
the error.

Thirdly, can you say a bit about the versions of packages
that you use. Also, what TeX installation, and whether you
have been updating recently from CTAN or elsewhere.

> How I can fix it. Thank you

Provide sufficient information for us to do some detective
work; until then there can be no answer.

> Aleks Kleyn
> http://sites.google.com/site/AleksKleyn/
> http://arxiv.org/a/kleyn_a_1
> http://AleksKleyn.blogspot.com/