[Xy-pic] Bigger xypic arrow tips

Ross Moore ross at ics.mq.edu.au
Mon Jul 27 23:53:20 CEST 2009

Hi Frank,

On 27/07/2009, at 5:28 PM, Frank Moore wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> New lister here, but long time user of xypic.  I am trying to use
> xypic with the beamerposter package.  The poster package scales all
> the fonts and symbols fine, but the arrow heads are not scaled
> properly.  Is there any way to manually set the size of the arrow
> tips in xypic (above 12 pt?)

Not easily, as these fonts only come in one size.

Presumably you are using pdfTeX with beamer ?

If it were LaTeX+dvips+GhostScript, then you could use
the dvips PostScript back-end that comes with Xy-pic.

One possibility is to use pdfTricks for your diagrams
--- though that may get messy with beamer.
I've not yet tried this combination.
(The idea is that each diagram is processed as a separate
LaTeX job, and the resulting PDF is imported as an image.
pdfTricks  establishes a way to manage this kind of situation.)

Another way is to set all of your diagrams using
the default (non-beamer) sizes for all the fonts, etc.
Then scale up all diagrams in their entirety.
Beamer should have a method for achieving this.

Someone else on the mailing list may have
some alternative advice on this problem.

> Thanks in advance,
>
> Frank

Hope this helps,

	Ross