[Xy-pic] "Dimension too large" (was: question regarding xy-pic)

Frank Drewes drewes at cs.umu.se
Mon Jul 13 16:01:57 CEST 2009

Hi again!

For your information: I finally discovered that the problem vanishes
if I remove the authors' package inclusion comman \usepackage
{lmodern}. In other words, there must be some strange kind of
incompatibility between lmodern and xy-pic, at least on my system
(Mac OS X, gwTeX distribution based on TeX Live). If someone could
explain the deeper reason (so that I need not remove the lmodern from
the authors' sources), I would be grateful for a short message.

Regards,
Frank