[Xy-pic] color output with xy?

Roger Hart rhart at mail.utexas.edu
Fri Jan 6 16:01:08 CET 2006

Hi Ross,

Thanks very much for kindly replying to my ill-informed question!

I now think that the problem was that I am running xy in ps4pdf (in
TeXShop on OS X). I had tried \color{white}, and for some reason
first pic was OK, but the second and following were not converted
from dvi to pdf, according to the error messages (as least as well as
I could understand them). Also \fbox was drawing only two of four
lines. In the end, I found that the command

\textcolor[cmyk]{.01,.01,.01,.01}

fixed both problems (the {.01,.01,.01,.01} fixed \fbox, and with
\textcolor instead of \color ps4pdf worked properly). Your suggestion,

>   \everyxy={\color{white}\POS}

was exactly what I was looking for at the time I wrote. I'll
certainly try to remember that command for the future.

Again, thanks so much for all your generous help, and best wishes for
the New Year,

Roger

PS. After reading through the online Help for TeXShop, I found one
can change the settings on the TeXShop background, so now everything
works perfectly.