[Xy-pic] xymatrix arrows in pdflatex

Richard Lewis mapc01 at bangor.ac.uk
Thu Jul 7 00:55:37 CEST 2005

Roger Hart <rhart at mail.utexas.edu> writes:

> An observation and a question:
>
> 1) jaggedness of arrows:  I have been advised to use, and have been
> using, ps4pdf to typeset xymatrix diagrams because the arrows (that is,
> the lines, the arrow stems) were, in my judgment,  too jagged to be
> acceptable for publication.

is this on the printed copy, or just in the dvi viewer?

> 2) arrow targets: I would like to set the arrows so that they begin at
> the DR corner of an object and end at the UL corner of the target.

\ar <start-POS>!DR;<end-POS>!UL

(the alternative syntax
 <start-POS>!DR \ar <end-POS>!UL
is also allowed)

where <start-POS> and <end-POS> are the start and end positions

eg

\xygraph{
  A [r(5)] B
  !{ \ar "A"!DR;"B"!UL }
}

or

\xymatrix{ A \ar[]!DR;[rrrrr]!UL &&&&& B }