[Xy-pic] integrating recent fixes: Will there be a new release? (was: curved arrows and non-rectangular shapes)

Frank Küster frank at kuesterei.ch
Sat Nov 15 13:40:52 CET 2003

Hi all,

Stefan Fink has pointed us, the maintainers of the tetex package inside
the Debian GNU/Linux distribution, to this thread where Ross indicated
to him that some fixes are available at
http://www-texdev.ics.mq.edu.au/xypic/xymods.tgz. He asked wether we
could include this in our version of tetex.

However, we usually don't have time to collect all available updates of
the many parts of tetex and test them (separately and as they act
together). Rather, this is left to the community that uses CTAN. Then,
when Thomas Esser puts together a new tetex release, he also does a very
good job. So our job mainly is to integrate tetex into the Debian
infrastructure, which is enough work.

Therefore we would prefer to see a new release of xy-pic hit CTAN soon,
or any other form of update on CTAN, so that it will automatically be
incorporated into the next tetex. Are you planning anything in this
direction?

Thank you very much in advance, Frank

Abt. Biophysikalische Chemie