[Xy-pic] Re: xy-pic

Ross Moore ross at ics.mq.edu.au
Tue Mar 11 22:00:02 CET 2003

Hello Sam,

> I am using the xy package and Textures.  xy graphics look good on the screen
> but do not print properly - to a printer or pdf file.  It looks like I am

It is clear that you do not have the Xy-pic PostScript Type 1 fonts installed.

> missing some fonts.  I read the instructions for installing xy with
> Textures.  I am using Adobe ATM 4.6.2a.  A sample printing is attached.

I gave up on ATM 4.6, and went back to using the earlier free versions.
Now I use primarily Mac OS X or other Unix machines, so have not kept
up-to-date with Mac OS 9 issues.
Certainly you need the Xy-pic fonts installed so that any application
can find them, not just Textures, else ATM will not do its thing.

Xy-pic fonts used to be available freely, at  www.yandy.com  so try
there if you don't have the PostScript fonts already.
I believe that there are some notes about Xy-pic fonts with Textures
at the AMS site; search at:  www.ams.org .

> Can you give me some help with this?

Some ideas to explore above,

	Hope this helps,